Food/Exercise Diary is a great conscience

Options
I mentioned in my introduction a few days ago that this was not my first attempt to lose body mass as an adult.

I mentioned also several partly successful attempts in recent years.

The penny has dropped before but I just noticed again today entering my breakfast and coffee into the diary that my successes in weight loss, however big or small, have always been best when I keep an accurate food and exercise diary.

I think the improvement this time is that I can enter data (to MyFitnessPal) or make reminder notes on my iPhone "on the go". In the past, I've fallen down when away from home or when extremely busy or late home and too tired to care.

Hoping that the iPhone and my motivation will make this a sustained effort to the final goal this time.

Has anyone else noticed (a) the power of diary keeping as a weight loss tool? and (b) the likely advantage and support via a smartphone?

Replies

• Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Also, with the food & exercise diary, you can plan ahead a bit.

I tend to eat a bit less and/or exercise a little bit more in the 7-14 days leading up to a major event or family celebration.

It can lead you to know that you've "pre-saved" 1500-3000 calories before a wedding for instance.

Does no-one else use their recorded food/exercise diary this way?