Protein Powder

Options
Does anyone know what the recommended amount of protein powder should be, when added to a daily protein shake?
I am using Manitoba Harvest 70 a water soluble protein powder which I find is easily dissolved and mixed in my shake is good and I like that it has the Omega 3 mixed in already.
Should a female have 30grams of protein daily? Or...what is the total daily recommended amount of protein?

Replies

• Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How to Calculate Your Protein Needs:

1. Weight in pounds divided by 2.2 = weight in kg
    2. Weight in kg x 0.8-1.8 gm/kg = protein gm

I like Isopure Low Carb protein in the dutch chocolate flavor. Runs about $45 for a 3 lb. tub at GNC. It has 50 grams of protein per shake (when mixed with water).
  • lladyon
    Options
    Thanks! I will calculate AND look into your recommendation.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    iForce Red Velvet Cake Protein Powder..

It's $46 for 4lbs at bodybuilding.com... Tastes better then anything you are going to get at GNC and going to be cheaper price wise. Review wise it has near perfect reviews. I love it.. I also love the cupcake flavor.

I also like the cinnamon roll flavors of trutein and xtreme formulations.

There is also a lemon creme pie flavor that xtreme formulations has that is out of this world.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options

It's $46 for 4lbs at bodybuilding.com... Tastes better then anything you are going to get at GNC and going to be cheaper price wise. Review wise it has near perfect reviews. I love it.. I also love the cupcake flavor.

There is also a lemon creme pie flavor that xtreme formulations has that is out of this world.

...They have Red Velvet cake powder?!?!?!?!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Yep, it's good stuff... If you look hard enough there is almost every flavor lol.. There is a pumpkin pie protein powder that isn't bad from AI Sports. AI sports has a Candy Cane protein powder that I wasn't as keen on but a buddy of mine loved.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Yep, it's good stuff... If you look hard enough there is almost every flavor lol.. There is a pumpkin pie protein powder that isn't bad from AI Sports. AI sports has a Candy Cane protein powder that I wasn't as keen on but a buddy of mine loved.

I think I may cry lol. That is just beautiful.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

I think I may cry lol. That is just beautiful.

I made cupcakes with it as well once and they amazing.
  • lladyon
    Options
    ThankYOu!!