Addicted to peanut butter!

Options
Is it bad if I have peanut butter every day?

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    If it is, I'm in trouble.:love:
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If it is, I'm in trouble.:love:

agreed-it is part of my breakfast every morning! wheat toast, 1 tbs peanut butter, and an apple
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If eating peanut butter every day is wrong, then I don't want to be right. :laugh:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It is only bad if you have a deadly peanut allergy.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    If eating peanut butter every day is wrong, then I don't want to be right. :laugh:
    HAHAHAHA! TRUTH!
  • moebius13
    Options
    I have a jar of peanut butter with me at all times. You know, in case of emergencies :wink:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat spoon fulls outta the jar without counting it like I do.
  • melmckay99
    Options
    Welcome to the club. I am also adicted to PB. I eat it staighto ut of the jar. So bad for me I know, but I can't help it.

Sometimes I mix it with Nuttella. I just stick my spoon in the Nutella first (it's a bit thicker than my peanut butter) and then dip it in the peanut butter after..mmmmmm..
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Extra Crunchy straight out the jar..LUV IT!! :smile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I have it every single day. I got through jars in a month.
  • kyshaws
    Options
    Moderation, moderation and moderation. But I love me some PB!!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a PB addict. Nothing wrong with that. But measure it or you could be in trouble.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    glad to hear there are others like me out there. Peanut butter is definitely one of my weaknesses!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your calorie goal and you get the natural peanut butter (ingredients only peanuts and eventually salt), there shouldn't be any problem with eating it every day.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it everyday so long as you are counting for it. I have to weigh my PB because my tablespoon seems to put two full tablespoons' worth on my plate once I'm done. O_o Heh. Oops.

On a side note - PB2 is a nice PB without all the added fat for a lower calorie option. You get lots of protein and fiber in it but less fat. Mix it with water - serve with cut up apples...or toss the powder in a shake/smoothie. I'm not scared of fat but I get plenty of fat elsewhere in my diet usually so it's just another option to have.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    No. PB is pretty much the best thing on earth.

I'm also with Dizzle....you gotta just make sure you are counting it correctly AND I also second PB2...good way to get the taste your craving when you just don't have the calories for the real thing..

(though I'll always choose the real thing when I can) :smile:
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i have either almond butter or peanut butter every day...if its bad, well then i guess im bad!
  • likeA_boss
    likeA_boss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OBSESSED WITH PEANUT BUTTER!!

I don't know what it is, put chocolate, pizza, whatever in front of me, but put peanut butter and its GAME OVER.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Pb is one of my favorite things to eat and eat a little every day. I'm sure I could eat healthier pb but my current obsession is the dark chocolate pb by peanut butter & co. I have to have major self control when I have a jar in the house otherwise I could eat the whole jar in one sitting.
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    PB Is pretty high calorie so just eating spoonfuls out of the jar is not recommended, but in moderation it's not bad...just like anything else.