Nearing 30, time to get it together

Options
hill242
hill242 Posts: 412 Member
Hello MFPers! I joined MFP this week due to the suggestion of some co-workers who participated with me a Biggest Loser event at our company. I have been using another website to track my eating and exercise. I am not sure of the policy of mentioning other sites like this so I won't state the name, but I can say that MFP excels in terms of UI and performance compared to this other website, and I am a CONVERT after using it for only a few days. The community aspect is also a bonus, as I've already found a couple of folks of likemind and philosophy here.

A little about me: I will be turning 30 in less than 2 months. Almost 10 years ago, I lost over 50 pounds but in past few years, about half has slowly returned. I have stayed active but not in control of my food intake. I am feeling very confident that I can get back to where I was and even further.

I am a mountain biker, a part-time bike commuter, software engineer working on my M.S. (graduating in May), and married (no kids). Looking forward to meeting more folks on MFP, both those who are on their weight loss journey like I am right now, and those who have hit their goals and are maintaining - because I know from experience that will be my biggest challenge.

Replies

• mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Options
    Yay! You can do this! It is a great site with lots of great people for support! Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • batesp
    batesp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about taking up triathlons? From what you've written I have a strange feeling you'd enjoy them.
    All the best,

Paul
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about taking up triathlons? From what you've written I have a strange feeling you'd enjoy them.
    All the best,

Paul

I have, actually, and I've taken up running more often lately. But the swimming I am not so sure about. Swimming in open water slightly scares me, actually.
  • BrideBecky1127
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. Welcome! I had to laugh when I realized we posted almost the same title on our own posts at the same time.
    Good luck to you! :-)