Potato Flake Chicken

Options
Jennifer22109
Jennifer22109 Posts: 27 Member
I wanted to share this really easy chicken recipe. Sorry if this has already been posted before. It is called potato flake chicken. Basically you take a thawed out chicken breast, spray it with cooking spray and roll it around and coat it with instant potato flakes (I used 1 packet of Idahoan Garlic Potato and it was sooo yummy) bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20-25 min and YUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! They were so good. Not very fattening at all!!! Make sure you spray the top of the chicken after you coat them with a little more cooking spray (I used Pam Olive Oil spray) so the top gets all golden and crunchy. I made a couple adjustments from the recipe, like using garlic potato flakes and took the recommendation of one of the reviewers and used olive oil cooking spray instead of butter, but it turned out great. Anyway it was a big hit in our house last night so I am sharing the recipe. My 5 year old had seconds! We made it with some green beans. Yum. You have to try it!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=505683

Replies

• Mickey73
    Mickey73 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you so much for that recipe!!! It sounds yummy!!! If you have anymore please share.
  • emaildianeb
    emaildianeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ahh...the two foods I love the most...combined. Thanks for sharing. The recipe sounds super easy and tasty! Thanks for sharing!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    thank you. it almost looks fried. should please the dh.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    This works well with legs and thighs too!

PSA-Potato flakes make a great thickener to spaghetti sauce and many other sauces as well.