Fat Burners?

mbrownks77
mbrownks77 Posts: 137
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All! I've never been a big pill taker but I am wondering.... Does anyone know of a good jumpstart fat burner that can be taken safely with high bp/ high cholesterol meds? Feel like a little head start would make me feel better....

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    probably not a good idea honey as most of those contain caffeine. i try and avoid any over the counter meds - they typically don't work anyway.....just my two cents. ♥
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    I went on Tuesday and spoke with a lady at the nutrition store in our mall about fat burners. She told me that CLA was good, but you won't see results for at least 8 weeks and you will need to take anywhere from 4-6 tablets a day. The good about CLA is that it's a natural fatty acid..it's something that is found in meats and yogurts I think she said. She also recommended taking something that has green tea in it. She specifically recommended Hydroxycut Green Tea blend. The amount of caffeine that are in those pills are equivalent to 2 cups of coffee. So there isn't too much caffeine. The active ingredient in the pills is simply green tea. I have been taking them since Tuesday and so far so good. I have yet to have any side effect from them what so ever...and honestly, I haven't had a whole lot more energy either lol....But you could try just drinking plain old green tea and it may give you the same results as green tea helps boost metabolism which helps to burn fat. I do know that after a while of drinking green tea though, it does lose it's effectiveness for boosting your metabolism. I learned that on The Doctor's. What they said to do is drink it everyday for 2 weeks, then go off it for 2 weeks, then repeat. I hope this helped!! Good luck!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    In my own experience nothing works. I took everything, and I mean everything! I did the CLA too, but you have to take a lot of them for a long time to see any results. If there was a majic pill we wouldnt have a problem with obesity in this country. The only thing that works is calories in calories out.
This discussion has been closed.