Carb free evening meal

Options
aero0811
aero0811 Posts: 30 Member
Looking for some carb free recipes for evening meals please :) i'm totally stuck for ideas and inspiration!

Replies

• lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Carb free as in no potatos, rice, etc?? Or no carbs at all?? Just wondering since some veggies have carbs in them as well
  • Ian513
    Ian513 Posts: 10
    Options
    check out the app sparkrecipies for the iphone, they have low carb recipies, tons of them....
  • mrslmartin1001
    mrslmartin1001 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Meatballs and stirfry cabbage!

I have been making cabbage (half a small head) with sliced onion and sliced bell pepper salted and sauted in about 2 tablespoons of butter...YUM!!! All healthy and natural to of course! I cook it down to where my onions and peppers are not soggy and my cabbage still has texture. I Don't like soggy cabbage onion or bell pepper!

Put some minced onion and seaoning in some ground beef and make some meatballs, then dip them in some sauce!
    I like to mix mayo and soy sauce with a tad bit of ginger.

Delish!!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Taco meat on top of a bed of spring mix topped with green salsa, tomatoes, and sliced avocado-that's my dinner. Not 100% carb free, but it's pretty low.
  • aero0811
    Options
    Yes, carb free as in no potatoes and rice. I have a lot of carbs during the day cereals for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch, so looking for reduced amounts for my evening meal.

Ok thanks, will have a look at that :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Grill some meat. 0 carbs.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Find a Brazillian steakhouse. Take 3 swords. Your welcome.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Well the easy way to avoid carbs is by making a dinner that consists of a protein snd a mix of veggies.

There are a lot of things you can do with veggies to make them different, like cauliflower mash, roasted veggies, Peppers sautéed with balsamic vinegar, etc.

It just all depend on your taste and your ingredients. I love skinnytaste.com , lots of different recipe ideas and everyone I have made from there has been absolutely delish.
  • cosycorner
    cosycorner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Carb free I think is impossible, because most things have carbs. yes, the cauliflower mash is good. I used my slow cooker alot. I put meat in the bottom no water or oils and throw in green beans or edamame peas to lower my blood pressure and some onions and spices. smells great and you don't lose the nutrients in water
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you like hot and spicey food....try adding a can of tomatoes with green chillis to your cabbage.....it is so good. Sometimes I just go ahead make cabbage soup and just add the hamburger meat to it......delicious!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    For me, dinner's always the easiest meal to go without carbs. Grill, broil or roast some meat and have a pile of something green on the side like broccoli or a big caesar salad (no croutons of course)
  • heather7878
    heather7878 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love making an omelet with eggbeaters, veggies, diced ham, and feta cheese!!!!:happy:
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm having chicken caesar with full fat dressing and shredded parmesan. Yum!
  • aero0811
    Options
    Im already doing the whole grilling the meat with veg, but stuck of ideas to make it different and so normally stick in the carbs to add more to it. I'll have to try mix up some new sauces with some of these ideas. Thanks :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    There are marinade mix packets that you can get at just about any grocery store made by McCormick's. You add oil, water and vinegar (which are all carb free) and cover your meat up and let it sit. Great variety of flavor and I think they're all carb free but make sure you check the labels and don't just take my word for it. They usually picture them with certain meats on the packet and/or say which meats the marinades work well with on the back. They do tend to be pretty high in sodium though in case you're watching your intake...

Also, you can just rub meats with herbs and spices. My mother recently did this to a pork tenderloin with rosemary, thyme, oregano or basil and "crazy pepper" and it was so flavorful. Play around with different combinations of whatever you have on hand and see what you like. Herbes de Provence is typically really great with chicken or pork and contains oregano, thyme, basil, sage, savory, fennel, lavender and rosemary. You can search online for recipes as different chefs use different ingredients and combinations.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    All fruits and Vegetables have carbs even lettuce. Bacon burgers have no carbs if eaten with out a bun. Complex carb are very important whole grain, fruits and veggies are good foods to eat.
  • runner_gurl76
    runner_gurl76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a lowish carb suggestion:

baked chicken breast topped with salsa & cheese with a side of "riced" cauliflower.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    steak.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-breakfast-zucchini-fritters/ -
    Have these with some grilled chicken breast. This is what I had tonight and they were delicious!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat and looking for new ideas on low carb dinners as well! Lately I have been changing it up A LOT, instead of just the usual. Most of the time I will eat a chicken breast with steamed veggies and a salad, but I get bored of that so I am switching it up.

I have been on a cottage cheese obsession lately, so I found that 1/3 cup of low fat cottage cheese, a can of tuna (water packed) and a side of steamed veggies (a microwave bag with water chestnuts, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and carrots-SO good) then put some sriracha on it and a little teriyaki sauce. It was REALLY good, the creamy consistency of the cheese made it seem like a sauce or mayo, and made the tuna not dry. It was surprisingly tasty and less than 350 calories!

I also bought a whole, live dungeness crab, boiled it, and made crab louie salads with 5 black olives, half a hard boiled egg, tomatoes, iceberg AND romaine, lemon, and a little bit of 1000 island on the side so that it wasn't drenched in dressing.

Hope some of those ideas help!