12lbs in 12 weeks (pics)

Options
It was late October when I found out my tum was 39" and my chest was 38" so decided to try and lose my beer belly. Am 53, 5'9" and was 164lbs so not needing to lose very much weight. My plan was to lose a stone of fat then build my LBM up by the same amount (I now think I don't need to bulk up that much).

I gave up alcohol for 2 weeks - the only 2 weeks I didn't lose weight!! And Christmas week I put on 1lb. I ran a little and did some resistance band training but mainly ate good fresh food at a deficit.

I knew I had a bit of a paunch but as I never see my back was a bit upset to see the before picture and the loose skin. Whilst the quality of pics isn't that good I'm happy with the results from 12 weeks (hard) work :) If my caliper skills are up to par I went from 23.4% BF to 15.9% with a total Fat Loss of 15.5lbs and a LBM increase of 3.5lbs - a net loss of 12lbs.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1052744.jpg

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1052743.jpg

Am currently doing the 100 pushups and 200 squats in 6 weeks plans to try and kick start things as well as upping the resistance band training to try and gain a few more LBM lbs and shall check-in again in another 12 weeks.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!