Calorie distribution throughout the day?

I've been using a Fitbit and tracking my calorie consumption for around a week now and I can see the benefit already of watching what I'm eating. I've set the weight loss target to 1.5 lb/week and that’s giving me a calorie target of around 1500 plus exercise earnings. I'm sticking with that no problem but keep ending up leaving most of the food intake until dinner which on face value seems the wrong thing to do. My breakfast is branflakes and milk at around 160, lunch is up to 400 depending on whats available and I end up with around 800 at dinner which I end up blowing on the wrong things as I invariably have 200-300 left over at the end of the meal.

Would it be better to consume the bulk of the calories at lunch time?

Regards

Dave

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    I don't honestly think food timing matters. I do similar to you as i like to snack at night. It hasn't affected my losses at all. I think it used to be a bit of a myth that eating at night was bad, but that's been debunked by various studies as far as I know now. As long as you have a deficit that's all you need to be concerned about IMO.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    bulk is okay as long as this is what you're eating

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg
  • Thanks for the info, I don't feel as bad now, but not quite as healthy as you post ;)

I guess the 236 calorie pots of Hagen Dasz Strawberry Cheesecake don't count as one of your 5 a day.

Dave