Totally obsessed with Ruby Red Grapefruit!

Options
I just need to share with someone my new obsession! I am in love with this fruit right now! I have NEVER enjoyed it in the past, but last week I decided on a whim to pick one up at the market and I have had one every day for the past 5 days. love, love, love.

Have a great day!

Replies

• sergeantmaggot
    Options
    That a very good obsession to have as it is proven that grapefruits help boost your metabolism!
    If you eat one before or with every meal, you'll feel a noticeable difference in your digestive system within a week (or so I've heard).
    I'm no expert though :P
  • carissa317
    Options
    I am too! I love them! I actually just caught a sale at my local grocery store...get this... $1.97 for a a five pound bag! I bought two! :laugh:
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    good choice studies are now PROVING the myth they burn fat. There is a certain chemical acid in them that burns fat! and vitamin c and fiber great choice!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've become obsessed with them lately too! So tasty. My new favorite thing!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. Pick any day in my diary and you will see grapefruit on it. The only grapefruit I prefer to ruby red is a pomelo and they are only in season for, like, a minute. We are actually in pomelo season right now but it's still off and on if my farmer's market will have them.
  • shineyapple
    shineyapple Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    grapefruit is the best!
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    hum... It's been awhile. I might have to give grapefruit a chance.
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Eating one as we speak! LOVE THEM!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been dying for it and grapefruit juice since getting pregnant and I can't have it. It sucks.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    good choice it fills you up rather than boost your metabolism but it does the job x
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    That a very good obsession to have as it is proven that grapefruits help boost your metabolism!
    If you eat one before or with every meal, you'll feel a noticeable difference in your digestive system within a week (or so I've heard).
    I'm no expert though :P

I don't know if they raise metabolism. But I do know that researchers at UCSD found that if you eat half a grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice with your meals you can lose more weight. They speculated that this might be because they have an impact on insulin levels.
  • cheonsa93
    Options
    I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Me too!