HRM OR MFP?

Options
Ok so I noticed that my HRM says that I burn double the amount MFP tells me. Now, I am doing the TDEE method to lose weight. So should I believe MFP or my HRM?

Replies

• nevryn
    nevryn Posts: 4
    Options
    Good question, and I would be interested to find out what others think.

I cycle and walk - and use a Wahoo HRM. The result I get with the HRM is the same as the "moderate" level on MFP. The Wahoo trainer is set with my current weight, height and resting pulse rate, but does not monitor power used.

Personally for me, I think the HRM gives a more correct reading, as it is tailored to my current fitness level, as opposed to a generic formula, as used my MFP?

I still use the MFP in my workouts, so if Ive burned more, I will see a benifit.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ok so I noticed that my HRM says that I burn double the amount MFP tells me. Now, I am doing the TDEE method to lose weight. So should I believe MFP or my HRM?

I always use my hrm. Mfp estimates aren't always right and it differs on every person. A hrm normally goes based off your stats and I think is a better estimate
  • leaellenj
    leaellenj Posts: 38
    Options
    If you have a HRM that has a chest strap and is consistantly tracking, I'd be more inclined to trust the HRM.