Today makes 365 days with MFP - down 110lbs!

Options
nealwa
nealwa Posts: 8 Member
I started this over 18 months ago and had lost about 35lbs before I found MFP and changed the way I think and manage my diet.

I was 240lbs back in the summer of 2010 and by 2011 had gained an additional 14lbs. I injured my lower back just picking something up and was not able to pick up my 2 yr old and my 4yr old to give them a hug because of the pain. I said I will not be this way and need to change.
Made a decision to not be in front of my TV or PC at least 8 hrs/week. This also had a huge added benefit as I started spending time with my family doing activities together. I also started walking and when my back got better started yoga core exercises to strengthen my back and abs.
I am now biking, running, gym cardio and lifting weights still keeping my goal at 8 hrs of not being in front my TV or PC every week.

240lbs in the summer of 2010
2010_zps5ce84a00.jpg

144lbs in December of 2012
2012_zps6ea989b3.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!