Affirmations/Visualization - Do you do this? Has it worked?

Options
2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep i do it. it's great for many things in life

actions are born from intention and it's easier to direct your intention by spending time visualizing what you want, how you'd act if you had it, etc.

here's an article on how athletes use it.

http://www.sportsnetworker.com/2010/07/28/how-mental-imagery-helps-athletes-succeed/
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you can see it, you can be it.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Meh. It's good to have a goal in mind, but you will never achieve your ideal body. Your body will look different because of genetics.

Plus, it's all very well sitting around thinking about want you want, but it's much better to just get out there and do it.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you now visualization isn't easy... because most likely you wont end up looking like that supermodel or that actress you're envisioning. Then you'll be disappointed when you don't get there. And even more realistically, you may not think that the scale fits what you think you should look like.

Think it's important to have REASONABLE affirmations. Like, yeah, I didnt eat that cookie and im proud because of that! Anything you can control, and affirm, will help. Not something that you may never see.

Best of luck :smile:
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    bump