Not another calorie question Part XXXIVVX?

Options
I know this is all over the site. The last 15 days, I started to seriously log in and be more active on the site. I've been eating a net cal of 1200 but I honestly find it difficult to eat that much. I want to do this as healthy as possible because I really want to keep it off and make this a lifestyle change. I'm about ten lbs from my goal and would like to start toning and burning more fat. I've read I should amp my caloric intake. But I usually struggle to eat 1200 and usually end up eating to eat calories because I don't want to go into starvation mode.
I currently have mfp set at 2 lbs per week that I'd like to lose and read I should lower that to do so healthy. But how am I going to eat even more calories?!
Help? Thank you.

I'm 26,F, 5'6 (or 5'5) and 160. I'd like to be a healthy and toned 140-150

Replies

• lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    without seeing what you are eating its hard to say - I would suggest more calorie dense food when planning your meals. I struggle to eat my calories sometimes but it is more from just being busy and not eating lunch. I have found that carrying a protein bar or snack with me helps - I like the special K and Luna bars but there's a ton out there to try and see what you like.
  • tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I believe I have my diary open. I did buy some luna bars the other night. Haven't tried them out yet. Thanks for your input.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue, I think because I tend not to eat packaged/processed/whatever-the-heck-definition-you-want foods. I stood in the supermarket yesterday and seriously checked out all the bars and snacks and went "but I don't want to *eat* any of those!!

So I know that I got this size eating WAY more than 1200 net a day and I'm sneaking some of that back in. A tsp of butter to fry an egg instead of dry frying, grated cheese and/or full fat dressing or oil on my salad, a handful of nuts or olives as a snack... I'm also going to make some of my own version of a granola bar and sweet or savoury muffins.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I see a lot of low/no fat dairy in your diary. Switch to full fat and it should be easier to reach your calorie goal without feeling stuffed. Nuts/nut butter, avocados, and cooking vegetables in olive oil are a healthy way to increase your calories. Don't be afraid of fat. Dietary fat =/= body fat.
  • tomii13
    Options
    I have a similar issue, I think because I tend not to eat packaged/processed/whatever-the-heck-definition-you-want foods. I stood in the supermarket yesterday and seriously checked out all the bars and snacks and went "but I don't want to *eat* any of those!!

So I know that I got this size eating WAY more than 1200 net a day and I'm sneaking some of that back in. A tsp of butter to fry an egg instead of dry frying, grated cheese and/or full fat dressing or oil on my salad, a handful of nuts or olives as a snack... I'm also going to make some of my own version of a granola bar and sweet or savoury muffins.

I also ran into that issue but I'm getting clueless here! I also would like to eat less premade stuff. Add me? Maybe we can bounce off ideas. I'm not sure how to add more calories, but you did mention some good ideas!
  • tomii13
    Options
    I see a lot of low/no fat dairy in your diary. Switch to full fat and it should be easier to reach your calorie goal without feeling stuffed. Nuts/nut butter, avocados, and cooking vegetables in olive oil are a healthy way to increase your calories. Don't be afraid of fat. Dietary fat =/= body fat.

Great ideas! I do cut back by selecting those low fat options. Hmm, would've never thought. Thanks a bunch! I have the pam spray version of olive oil. Guess i wont be hurting to just get regular EVOO.