On those rare "not hungry" days...?

Options
Hey all! So, I'm 400+ calories short today but I'm just not hungry anymore. I usually have the opposite problem. =) I don't sweat it if I'm within 100 calories (over or under) but I'm wondering if I should force myself to get closer to my intake goal today. What are your thoughts? I'm on a roll and don't want to mess up my success by going into starvation mode. Thanks for your input.

Leah =)

Ps. Friend requests welcome! I could use more support and am happy to reciprocate!

Replies

• CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Study after study has shown that starvation mode happens when your body drops below its vital body fat percentage. Being a few hundred calories short one day will not put you into starvation mode. And if you are super hungry tomorrow, you can go 400 above with no problem. I look at it more as a week overall and less day to day.
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same. I still have about 400 cals left over and I don't have an appetite. Yesterday I still had about 400 too not including exercise calories.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    today, shockingly, I got to 600+ calories, and im only getting hungry now. Im waiting for my bread to finish baking, and taking a small hunk of it.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have days like that a lot. I am on 1800 cals though. I try and be within 250 either side. I usally if I am low, I have a drink of milk. In fact my new habit is a glass of milk at bed time. I try and eat something, but not juck. Though if I acually feel like a biscuit or something treat wise, I will have it.
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great feedback. Thanks, ladies!