Reduced Sweating

Options
I have searched and not found something that fully answers my question..

Last week, I noticed I don't sweat as much as I usually do when I did my workout tapes e.g. 30 Day Shred. I decided last week to start doing HIIT on the treadmill - the first day, I was drenched. On the 3rd day, I went longer but only sweat a little bit on my face. I also found lately doing 30 Day Shred that I am not sweating as much as I used to and I find the workouts to still be challenging enough.

Has this happened to anyone? I don't have a thyroid problem and I hydrate well all day long, including during and post workout.

Replies

• Swtdreamer
    Options
    Hi! It should actually be the opposite...I marathon train/group lead and as you become more active you tend to sweat more. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but I've heard from a lot of confirmed sources.

How long have you been doing the workout tapes?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense cause I am working out longer and I am active everyday.

I've been doing 30DS (everyday since Jan 1), Insanity (3x a week since Jan 1) and 35 minutes on the treadmill or stationary bike (everyday since last week). Last month when I wasn't at the gym, I walked atleast a mile a day and also walked 2 x 60lb Huskies.. I don't time how long I do weight training for but I do lift daily. I am using 4 lb weights for 30DS, 7.5 dumbbells at the gym and I use weight machines as well..
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    Water is a byproduct of carbohydrate metabolism. On the first day you did HIIT you were using mostly glycogen in your muscles as a source of fuel and thus you sweat a lot. As you burned away the glycogen stores you sweat less and less as you have less carbohydrates available for use as fuel.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Water is a byproduct of carbohydrate metabolism. On the first day you did HIIT you were using mostly glycogen in your muscles as a source of fuel and thus you sweat a lot. As you burned away the glycogen stores you sweat less and less as you have less carbohydrates available for use as fuel.

Thanks for your answer!

When you eat, aren't you refueling your muscles and other areas of your body? I don't know how long it takes generally for glycogen stores to come back after working out and onward to the next day or days.

Today, I even upped the incline on the treadmill and still no sweat so your answer makes sense.:laugh: I thought that glycogen is replenished daily
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Look for Jillian Michaels interview on Ellen. She talks about sweating doesn't mean better workout. She says that sweating can be that your body is overheating. I don't want to quote everything because I'm only giving you the info that she talked about it. But I rarely sweat in my exercising unless I'm pushing myself. There could be many factors.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Thanks, I will look for that!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    As you become more fit the same activity will cause less exertion and thus less sweating. Conversely the more fit you become the more efficient your body becomes at cooling itself which often means sweating more profusely. So if you are working at the same heart rates you shoudl sweat the same.

Were you wearing the same clothes. Tech fabrics are designed to wick and evaporate sweat, cotton will quickly become soaked.

Even a small breeze can make a big difference in how much you sweat, as you are cooled much quicker when you produce a little bit of sweat