Food/Meal Ideas (let's share!)

Options
Just wanted to share (& would love others to share) some ideas on foods they love to eat that's low in calories and (hopefully) high in nutrition.

Toasted/Melted Cheese Sandwich with a side of fresh cut tomatoes
(( 231 calories total, 24g carbs, 12g Protein, 7% iron, 19% calcium )) :

1/2 Medium Tomato cut in pieces (you can also use cherry tomatoes). Sprinkle a bit of salt on top. (( 11 calories ))

Using two thinly sliced pieces of bread (be sure it comes up to 105 calories max for both) place some of your favorite cheese on top and place on foil in the oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted. I use a blend of fontina & extra sharp cheddar. (( both cheeses come to 1.05 ounces, 115 calories for both ))

Tip: Use a food scale to be sure of food calories/measurements. My food scale was $15.

Replies

• Ermer86
    Ermer86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash, instead of pasta, with homemade turkey meatballs with mushrooms, onion, cranberries and tonne of cilantro. Yummy!
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Homemade Salad (cut each vegetable into smaller size pieces):
    82 calories, 13g Carbs, 2g Protein, 3g Fiber, 17% Iron, 6% Calcium

1/4 bell pepper, 4 radishes, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, fresh chopped mint 3tbsp's, 3oz cucumber, 1/2 medium tomato, romaine lettuce leaves (i love the baby lettuce blend) 3oz.

dressing: 1/2 lemon juiced w/ table salt.

*ugh, wish i could show pictures, i don't know how to do that on my mac
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash, instead of pasta, with homemade turkey meatballs with mushrooms, onion, cranberries and tonne of cilantro. Yummy!

sounds good! how many calories does it have?