Hip and Rib Lumps

Options
Does anyone else have lumps in there hips or ribs that feel like tumors and are painful?
I have this lump in the hip that is tumor like, I have been to the doctor for it and I have gotten many different answers about what it is. I also have lumps under my ribs that feel like tumors that make my ribs protrude out. I just want to know if any one else is having this same problem?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've never had that phenomenon. Sounds terrifying! You should have them looked at. They could be nothing, but better safe than sorry.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't throw the "tumor" word around. That is very very much something to ask a DR about.

Good luck, I am sure its nothing.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I heard the rib ones were something called mercfat. You should ask DrMerc about that.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you go to the doctor.

And in answer to your question, yes. I had a malignant tumor on my right fourth rib and had to have 8" of rib removed. It was the opposite of fun. But I have a genetic bone disease.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Have you had any kind of scan done apart from manual examination? Is there any discoloration around the lumps, and can you manipulate them or do they stay in the same place?