Update & New Goal

Options
SGFlyinHi
SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
Hi all. Some of you may remember me, but for those that are new, here is a little information about me.

I have been big all of my life. In 1993 I was able to get mysef into excellent shape through Jenny Craig and 3 hours a day in the gym. Then through the years the weight slowly came back up and then in 2007 I was at an all time high of almost 270. Finally I hit a point in October 2007, and thanks to some outside interference- I finally made the choice to get serious about getting back into shape. In 1 year I lost 90 pounds. I am now at my goal weight and have been for almost a year. As long as I stay within a 10 pound range I am happy. You can check out my full story in my blog: www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SGFlyinHi

I am not on this site as much as I used to be, nor do I post like I used to. I still try to come on here at least once a week and check out the boards. Yes, I do still log my food, but I got myself a Body Bugg about a year ago, and yes I do like it, so I have been logging my food on that site, although I still like the layout of the food logging here better. I also do still log my workouts.

OK, on to my new goal. I signed up for a Sprint Triathlon in May. It will be a 400 meter swim, 12.5 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run. I am excited about it, but as the time is getting closer, I am getting more nervous about it. I know I will do well and will finish it, which is my main goal. Yes, I am training for it, just keeping up on my cardio. Wish me luck!!

May09.jpg

Replies

• ginaluck
    ginaluck Posts: 10
    Options
    best of luck on the race, i know you will do great. your willpower has gotten you this far and i know it will take you over the finish line. you have inspired me to keep going!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Good luck with your triathilon. You look fantastic.
  • freeflower3
    freeflower3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are so fit! Super-inspirational!!
  • SGFlyinHi
    Options
    Thanks all!!

It was a long, hard journey, but so glad I took it. I've been able to maintain for well over a year now.

I've given myself goals throughout my journey, 2 of which I accomplished last year- to water ski and snow ski again. This latest goal has been one that I have been scared to try, but I finally broke down and said time to act and stop talking so that's why I finally signed up for a sprint Triathlon. As long as I can complete it I will be thrilled. :happy:
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    What an inspiration you are!! Wow!!

Something tells me you are going to shine. Best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • JennCh
    JennCh Posts: 63
    Options
    Best of luck to you. I, too, am doing a sprint tri in April. One month away. The butterflies are already fluttering. Running is not my strong point, and after nine months of running, three months now of targeted tri training, I finally can run consistent 10 minute miles. Not fast, but my only goal is to just finish.
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Wishing you the best! You look amazing. Your hardwork really did pay off. VERY inspiring.
  • SGFlyinHi
    Options
    Best of luck to you. I, too, am doing a sprint tri in April. One month away. The butterflies are already fluttering. Running is not my strong point, and after nine months of running, three months now of targeted tri training, I finally can run consistent 10 minute miles. Not fast, but my only goal is to just finish.

10 min miles is about where I'm at also.
    Good luck Jenn. You'll do great!!! :drinker:
  • SGFlyinHi
    Options
    Wishing you the best! You look amazing. Your hardwork really did pay off. VERY inspiring.

Thanks!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!