wt loss

Options
Well I am confused , can your weight fluctuate in 24 h time period? like 141 in the AM and 144 in the afternoon? 141 again ta the end of the day? (machine is accurate for sure, I have checked with other staff)

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    That's only 3 pounds, it's barely even a fluctuation. It's completely normal. My weight goes up and down 2 or 3 pounds several times a day...depending on if I've just eaten, just used the bathroom, eaten a lot of salt, drank a lot of water, etc. And no, I don't usually weigh myself several times a day.
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know I should not check wt several time during the day, just was curious and could not help checking it 3-4 time/d :-) , stopped doing it now. thanks for the reply. How often checking wt is reasonable?
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well I was doing twice a week, but now that I've lost the easy weight, I am getting more discouraged because it's going up and down and up and down like crazy (mostly up lol).
    I'd say once a week or once every other week is probably more reasonable. Try and do the same day and at the same time period. It'll be more accurate.