160 -300 calorie dinner ideas

Options
I bought a box of Bisquick Smart Heart to try a bunch of recipes I found online:

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/Recipes/featured-brands/bisquick-heart-smart.aspx

The first 4 I am going to try are:

Sante Fe Foldover for 300

Roasted Veggie Bisquit Bake for 260

The 2 below are so low you can add on a nice side salad for a very filling dinner

Italian Pizza Bake for 190

Chicken n Broccoli Pie for 160

Tonight I am going to make the Italian Pizza one & still have calories left for a side salad. I will let you all know tomorrow how it turned out & any modifications I made.

Replies

• Belle84
    Belle84 Posts: 36
    Options
    i may be missing the point, why would you want a meal to contain so little calories? x
  • skinnydee
    skinnydee Posts: 23
    Options
    I like to use most calories in the afternoon so a light dinner is ideal for me......let me know how the pizza recipe turns out :)
  • putz2008
    putz2008 Posts: 1
    Options
    i think i might try these to from what a read i think the chix and broc. thing would be yummy!
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm the same way! It always works best for me to eat a bigger lunch around 2-3 and then a very light dinner when I get home from work around 7. I like ball parks turkey links with a light bun, reduced sugar ketchup and relish. it's less then 150 cals. and then maybe I'll have some veggies or baked beans. So quick and satisfying!

Rocco Dispirito has a book called "now eat this" which is freaking genius! he's created a TON of "comfort food" recipes all for under 350 cals. and the serving sizes aren't dinky. I've made fettucine, pizza, and general tso's chicken (my downfall foods). All have been freaking delicious and fast and easy to make.
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    i may be missing the point, why would you want a meal to contain so little calories? x

I am trying to have lighter dinners but aside from that, I'm at 1200 calories a day. If I have 3 meals at 300 calories plus 3 100 calories snacks...that's my limit for the day.

The Italian one is a portion plus a side salad. Doesn't seem deprived at all, its a decent amount of food.
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    woot thanks. great website too!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    Ok so I made the Italian bake for dinner last night. OMG. It was so good & very filling w/ a side salad.

The batter doesn't look like very much but it puffs up while cooking. It's also crazy sticky so use a small rounded bowl & a spatula. I added alot more spices than it calls for (1tsp garlic, 1 tsp basil & 1 tsp oregano - I didn't have Italian spice blend) but it was really good.

I also added a tsp of evoo to saute the pepper & onions in. My food diary is open so you can see the breakdown of last nights dinner if you want. It was perfect 2 portions, split evenly down the center of the loaf pan I baked in.

I had salad on the side of just romaine lettuce & cesaer dressing. The dressing was so good. I made that from scratch too. That's also in my food diary. It was so thick & creamy.

Both recipes I uploaded into Sparkpeople's recipe builder to get an accurate calorie count for the specific products I used. The link to my recipes there is below in my sig :)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks - just checked out the recipe - looks like one i gotta try!
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Def going to check out the book mention above too. :)