cut off time??

Options
What time it's a good shut off time for eating? I've been trying not to eat anything after 7, it's that a good time?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown you can eat anytime of the day and night, it will make no difference.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What time it's a good shut off time for eating? I've been trying not to eat anything after 7, it's that a good time?

When you run out of calories or when you fall asleep. If you don't have disturbed sleep from eating late then there's no real reason to avoid it assuming you have remaining calories available.

Eating late will not make you any fatter than eating early as this is driven by total caloric intake.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I cut off when I'm outta calories...other than that, I've had a snack right before I dive under the sheets. I doubt the fat calories can tell the time.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    It depends on why you want to.
    If you are really done eating for the day, have had the calories you need, and are going to pig out and eat junk and snack all night, maybe you should stop at 7.
    If it's 9pm, you've worked out hard that day and you're REALLY, honestly hungry, not wanting to eat out of boredom, emotional reasons, etc., or haven't eaten all of your cals, eat something! Just try to eat something to nourish your body, like fruit, nuts, yogurt, etc. That helps me.
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    I eat in moderation when I am hungery. The other night I went to the gym and was so so hungery so I had a PB sandwhich and some soup :) it was 2am :) but I had a great work out and I didn"t feel bad at all.

If I am low on water intake and feel the need to eat and it is late I will drink water first and make sure I am not confusing dehydration or thrist for hunger :) and if I am still hungery then I have a snack preferably with protien :) but I do not limit any eat drinking to a certain time, or really rule out any foods I eat when I am hungery and eat the foods I enjoy, I just eat them in moderation and try and eat less of the really bad ones :) but everyone has their own style for instance my husband is not good at limiting his triggers, if there is somthing he loves he will eat it all or nearly all of it. as long as I am logging it and tracking I am really good "most" days at saying I can"t eat that today :) so You have to find what works for you and keeps you on track long term
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    the only thing that matters (in my opinion) is how late you eat sugary things. because then it affects your sleep. but when you eat has no other effect
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I only have a cut off time because if I eat too close to bed, I can't sleep. So I generally don'e eat anything less than an hour, hour and a half before bed. But that's a personal comfort thing.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cut off time because I can't sleep if my tummy is grumbling.