Body by Vi Salus Shakes

Options
Hey has anyone tried the Vi-Salus Shakes, for nutrition and weight loss?
I'm really interested in trying a meal replacement shake program,
for more energy and better health. If anyone has other suggestions as to
meal replacement shake diets that worked well for them, please
share you thoughts. Thanks so much! : )

Replies

• Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    There are about a thousand better choices out there.
    But I'm sure all the Body by Vi salespeople on here will try to convince you otherwise.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    There is a search hyperlink and a thousand bazillion threads on this.

Good luck. I have a friend who sells it. They taste good, just too much money for nonchewable food!
  • shushy70
    shushy70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    3 people very close to me had tried this for 3 months , no results ......
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I tried it for about 3 weeks. They taste good and all but personally it wasn't for me. I didn't find I was losing any more than I would with a healthy diet and exercise. Plus I figured I'm not going to be drinking shakes the rest of my life so I wanted to lose with more of a life style change that is sustainable. I know people who hav lost a ton of weight using them, not sure what will happen with the long term of it though. Do your research and decide for yourself. But also don't always believe everything you hear, if it sounds to good to be true it probley is.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It's an expensive meal replacement. There's no magic to it - it just creates a calorie deficit. You can do that with food.
  • Beckiet82
    Beckiet82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    But I'm sure all the Body by Vi salespeople on here will try to convince you otherwise.

I agree with this.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options

I agree with this.

Yep, it's called real food.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Make your own shakes, its not that hard and probably less expensive.

I will never understand why anyone would want to drink your meals though... .
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few months. They tasted okay but didn't really help me much. When I quit drinking them, I went to Walmart and bout EAS protein powder (A LOT cheaper) and when I feel the need to have a shake instead of real food, that's what I have.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I went through your post history, I do this when people post product specific posts like this to see if they're trying to sell or ask a valid question. I noticed one of your posts pointed out that you are still trying to even things out from dealing with and trying to recover from an ED. I would suggest that while a good protein shake may be a nice compliment to your diet, you so not use a meal replacement. Exchanging real food for something other than real food can become a very slippery slope and if you're not far enough away from your recovery it's easy to slip back into the old habits of ED. Find something to compliment your food, not suppliment your food.
  • bmvass
    bmvass Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been using the shakes for a year now and love them. I feel better through out the day.
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    save your $$$$$$$$$..
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    no
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    During my “looking for a quick and easy fix” stage I looked into these… They are not worth the price. There are additional vitamins added that most protein powder does not offer, however if you take a multi-vitamin and use a quality protein powder you are pretty much getting the same thing and saving yourself some $

Personally, I drink a protein drink pretty much every morning, I am not a morning person and its an easy way to get something in my system. I do a scoop of protein power, ½ cup to cup of mixed berries (no sugar added), and some soy milk… roughly about 250-300 cals… give or take…
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    Do your research and decide for yourself. But also don't always believe everything you hear, if it sounds to good to be true it probley is.

^^^ This!! When you 'drink' your meals your body isn't burning as many calories having to digest it and break it down to liquid form -- I personally think this is the new Slim Fast bandwagon that everyone in the 90's jumped on....

I have lost 15 pounds just from portion control, eating the right foods, and exercising --- In the past I have tried the pills and the 'quick weight loss' and the gimmicks - and I did lose weight with those but....within a year of stopping those programs I gained back what I lose PLUS 30+ pounds because I never changed my lifestyle.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I used Body by Vi for about 6 months. I enjoyed the taste, and it did help me get into a routine of having something in the morning. I was horrible about eating breakfast due to running out of time. I would make something the night before and then freeze it. By the time I got out the door and made it to work It would be melted enough for me to drink it. I did feel better throughout the day, but it certainly was not a magic weight loss for me. I still enjoy a Vi shake from time to time, but I do not base my entire weight loss or meal plans around this. I haven't been able to find another protien shake that I enjoy the taste of as much as Vi so when I feel like I need a little pick me up, it's what I go for. I would say, if you are interested, give it a try for a month but do not supplement two meals a day with it. Continue to eat healthy, and when you are in a rush, have it on hand for a pick me up.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Run from MLM's.

I use Vega One & Genuine Health Vegan Proteins. They are more expensive, but I enjoy the taste, and they agree with my stomach the most. There are a ton of great choices out there. If anyone lives in Canada and wants 10-20% off Gold Card GNC prices, just let me know. there is a company that does bulk orders here.

If it's not Whey, they can be expensive. For a meal replacement, I prefer something that has a bunch of minerals and vitamins from as natural sources as possible.

As far as the results... Try drinking the shakes at night. I've stopped consuming any solid food past 7pm (I go to bed between 12-2am) and noticed I've dropped some weight by that alone. If I'm hungry I will take a green shake or a vega one. As long as you are getting all your nutrients your stomach will (for the most part) not complain and feel full.
  • believe1922
    believe1922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your honest opinion. I really appreciate the effort you put into my question..
    you've definitely made me re-think things, because I really want to be healthy and don't want
    to fall back into my old habits. Thanks again : )