New Mom Need To Lose 40lbs

Options
Hey I'm a new mom of a 4 month old baby girl. I've never been over 130lbs my whole life until I her and 130 was my all time biggest. I'm now 180lbs and I can't seem to lose weight. It's my fault really and I'm aware of it but I'm ready to start losing weight now and I have so much motivation in myself. One obstacle will be that my husband is actually trying to gain weight so its hard to come up with a meal plan.. I guess I'm just going to have to cook two different meals. I'm thinking about going on the no carb diet because although it is unhealthy it has worked for me in the past. I'm also thinking about walking a few miles a day and doing Pilates. Does anyone have any suggestions on my diet and exercise plan. And is there anyone out there that can help keep me motivated andI will do the same for you?

Replies

• hart1028
    Options
    Congratulations on you new baby! My only advice is to not look at your food as a diet, do something something that is maintainable. I'm sticking with everything in moderation, although I cut my carbs way back because my body just doesnt like them. we weigh the same and have the same amount to loose, feel free to add me if you want. Good Luck!
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Are you breastfeeding? No judgement either way - it just makes a big difference in how many calories to eat. I also tried low-carb (but not low cal) while breastfeeding and was dizzy all day long until I stopped.

I have two kids - 2 years and 10 months. I started with 35lbs to lose and now have about 27 lbs to go. I have a similar struggle for meal prep in my house - but ours is really because I just can't find healthy food that all three (soon four) of us can eat.

I started Nutrisystem 11 days ago and it has been a lifesaver. That way my food is taken care of and I can make other more kid and husband friendly dinners. No one needs it - and yes it is packaged food. But it is working for me right now.

Feel free to add me. I'm on a lot.

Congrats on the baby and good luck!