No Carb Diet??

Options
Hey I'm a new mom of a 4 month old baby girl. I've never been over 130lbs my whole life until I had her and 130 was my all time biggest. I'm now 180lbs and I can't seem to lose weight. It's my fault really and I'm aware of it but I'm ready to start losing weight now and I have so much motivation in myself. One obstacle will be that my husband is actually trying to gain weight so its hard to come up with a meal plan.. I guess I'm just going to have to cook two different meals. I'm thinking about going on the no carb diet because although it is unhealthy it has worked for me in the past. I'm also thinking about walking a few miles a day and doing Pilates. Does anyone have any suggestions on my diet and exercise plan. And is there anyone out there that can help keep me motivated andI will do the same for you?

Replies

• JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You mean, low carb diet, right? Tell me you're not seriously going to try to cut out all carbs?
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    None at all? I think you will find it very difficult as a new mother to have any energy without any carbs at all...
  • MrsFlotron
    MrsFlotron Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My sister trys to do the atkins thing. I think shes nuts. Shes suffered and is still suffering major health issues, but can't tell her nuthin..
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    although it is unhealthy

you answered your own question
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't try no carbon. Just watch your Caribs. Lower them some. Eat what you cook for your husband. Portioncontrol is what you need. Also eat a salad or vegetables first and you feel fuller on healthy food and then eat a little of the other food. Its a out balance. You can do it.
  • chunsagirl01
    chunsagirl01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No carb diets just are all protein and fats. What you want is low carb. You eat a healthy amount of carbs from fruit and veggies. I do low carb and I eat veggies, protein, and some fats. Right now I stay away from fruit, grains, sugar both regular and artificial. Those items I stay away from stall my weight loss, but once I reach goal I can slowly add in those items to maintain my weight. Any questions just ask!