Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• bopiop
    bopiop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and work full time as a night nurse. You would think that all the running around would keep us all slim, but we eat at weird times on night shift, I would like to lose 10 lbs...
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    Well there are a lot of us!! Scanning down the photos I'd say we're all looking good for our ages too!!! Or maybe perspective just changes? lol!

Anyway, I'm 46 and looking to lose 40lbs. this year. I'm tired of living in this body I don't recognize. Sometimes I think I am trapped forever but the success stories on this site give me so much hope and inspiration!

Best wishes to everyone here!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Yep, got 20 more to go...
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 in June. Feel free to add me. MFP is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Read my blog if you're interested in how I'm losing weight. Everyone does it differently. But on my old body, my method seems to be working. :)
  • hww51
    hww51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 52 - was doing so well getting fit and losing weight last year until a health issue set me back. I am on track again nd find that support like these communities is very helpful to keep motivated. Best of luck.
  • lei1111
    Options
    hello, i am 41 soon to be 42. my name is lei and i am totally new to MFP tho it says i signed up in 02-2012. i need to lose around 80 lb and am kinda freaked out about it. iM A total sugar holic. its only the last 6 years that the wieght seems to be piling on and its time to take care of it so i can live a healthier life.
  • angrychick00
    Options
    I am. I am trying to lose 15lbs.:smile:
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am .. and thus far since joining MFP , Im winning the battle of the bulge
  • Binkyhog
    Options
    Hi! Gonna be 58 this month! Yikes!!! Just joined today..so I am excited. A bit concerned however because I have fibromyalgia and I just joined the YMCA. I am going to do the best I can, but a bit afraid....gonna try to just work through the pain. I have fought weight my entire life...have gained and lost entire people off my back, but it came back on...so shooting for healthier and happier and the rest will fall in place. Good luck to you!!
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    <~~~~42 ....It's much harder than at 21! but we can do it!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and doing this journey for the last time! ( :wink: )
    I want to lose between 50-60 pounds, have lost 8 since starting MFP in early January.
    We can do this journey together.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    <~~~~42 ....It's much harder than at 21! but we can do it!

O, so true! :ohwell:
  • Naeline
    Options
    I am 53 yrs. old and have been trying for a year to loose some weight. This year I made a goal that I was going to get to my desired weight. 60 lbs to loose before my birthday in July I have already lost 5 lbs, but I am not counting on that to stay that way cause it seems like I loose then I gain it back, hoping this helps me and gives me the encouragement to keep going. Today is better than yesterday! Zumba my new best friend and just walking which I love to do.
    I do have a question for all you Yogurt lovers, I can't stand the after taste, any ideas to help this taste?
    I wish I liked it!
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yep, 48 and working hard at it. Please feel free to add me!
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 49 and hoping to be at my goal of 150lbs before I hit 50..good thing I have 10 months to do it in! Maybe I can even push to lose less than that by then.
    I am just new to this site and so far I like it!
  • Linda1043
    Linda1043 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 55 and I need to lose at least 35lbs.
  • gilberts3
    Options
    I'm 48 I have 10 pounds to go
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and have reached my goal weight and I am now maintaining
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    48 (almost 49) and down to the last 15 - 20.