Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, soon to be 53.
  • trixie7342
    Options
    I am 46 and this is the HARDEST thing I have ever done. I have been the weigh I am for over 15 years and it just doesn't want to leave.
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    I am 51 and will be 52 in May. Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. I still have a long way to go and I am here every day and try to comment as often as possible. (Sometimes it's hard as I work the graveyard shift :smile: )
  • pinalety
    pinalety Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 48...and finally feeling I can get to a healthier weight.

MFP has helped me see things a bit more objectively during these past two months.

Letty
    Chama, NM
  • beth363
    beth363 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    49 years old.. and I have 56 lbs more to lose.
    ... needing support to get exercising more!!
  • beachlover0103
    beachlover0103 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 in January. I have 36 more pounds to lose. I want to lose this weight, and get in shape and NOT do this again. I need support and want to cheer on all who need a cheerleader in their corner. I find all your stories so inspiring....
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42....and holding. I'll be 43 on Easter! I have another 40 lbs to go.

Slow and steady wins the race.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I turned 57 this past January. Have been trying for many years to get all this weight off and as you can see by my ticker I have a huge amount to lose. Some weeks I wonder if I will ever get there, especially when I have 2 to 3 weeks of no weight loss. I wondering if I should adjust my calorie intake again. But I do not know if I should go up or down.
  • cdkt
    cdkt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, Im 43...glad to see somany other people around my age....just started on here
  • jessh4
    jessh4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Turned 40 in November and really need to get rid of this baby fat, haha yeah right my baby is 8. Started walking last Friday and my boys come home everyday and say "did you walk today?" Can't wait to be able to play ball with them without feeling so tired all the time or just sitting and watching.
  • kls1022
    kls1022 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 46. I lost 14 lbs over the last year and have managed to keep it off.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yep!!! I'm 43!
  • Cinamur
    Cinamur Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 49 (50 in September) and trying to lose some weight and get healthier.

Would love to hear from anyone with some great tips to help me get to my goal. :happy:
  • maggiebelinda
    Options
    hi i am 38 and im trying to lose weight and need help,
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 in May, about two weeks after my daughter turns 3. She keeps me going , and I wanted to get the weight off so I could keep up with her. I'm only a couple of pounds from goal, after almost a year of actively logging (27 March), and it really hasn't been too hard in my opinion. Just keep logging and keep your eye on what you're wanting to accomplish, and you will be successful. :drinker:
  • davidjl3
    davidjl3 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm 41 I'll be 42 in April ..
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 & have about 100 pounds to lose - so I'm going to be here awhile.

Please add me as a friend if you can be supportive or ladies, check out my T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Group.
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    47, lost 60 pounds, and struggling to keep it off!!
  • 1fun1
    1fun1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 last September so 41 is creeping up in 6 months. I started kickboxing, boot camp, personal training, and yoga recently (yes, all of them in the same week, just alternating days for each) and I'm losing inches, but not really seeing the scale move yet. I didn't think I could manage to do all of that, but I am making it happen! I have 75 pounds to lose by the way! Not a skinny, fit hottie by any means. If I can do it, anyone can.
  • Frenchy43
    Options
    I am 46