Low cal breakfast bar made with porridge oats?

Options
Would anyone have a recipe for a low cal brakfast bar made with porridge oats, dried fruits or seeds etc.

At the moment I am taking egg muffins to work with me but I dont want to overdose on them.

Replies

• feistymoon
    Options
    There's a 2 ingredient cookie recipe you could try maki into a breakfast bar.... mix up one cup of oats with one mashed banana, make into cookie shapes and bake for 15 - 20 mins on a 180 degrees...

The only prob with this recipe is they can be a bit 'cakey' in the middle, so I imagine they'd be even better as breakfast bars. Add some chopped fruit, nuts, cinnamon, and seeds for example.

Good luck :)
  • Scallyboo
    Scallyboo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great thanks!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There's a 2 ingredient cookie recipe you could try maki into a breakfast bar.... mix up one cup of oats with one mashed banana, make into cookie shapes and bake for 15 - 20 mins on a 180 degrees...

The only prob with this recipe is they can be a bit 'cakey' in the middle, so I imagine they'd be even better as breakfast bars. Add some chopped fruit, nuts, cinnamon, and seeds for example.

Good luck :)

Ooo i like the sound of this. Thanks :-)
  • feistymoon
    Options
    I retract this suggestion. After having made these a few times now, the novelty has worn off and I can safely say they are rubbish!!!! tee hee