Skin

Options
So am wanting to lose around 56 lb and am just wondering when i have lost that much weight will my skin shrink or will i have left over skin?

Replies

• toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I've lost almost 70 and my skin looks fine all over with exception of one area - my belleh. But.....I'm not done losing yet and I have considerable fat still in that area so I don't know what to expect. I've had a couple of kids so it's been stretched out too. But 56# is no biggie - if you lose the weight slowly (think 1 pound per week) - your skin will have time to bounce back quite nicely. If you lose it too fast - it will not be as resilient. :)
  • FitnessGal1983
    Options
    A personal trainer on another website says if you have stretch marks, then you'll have loose skin because you can't make those go away. But I say you'll be so much healthier after losing 50 lbs that you shouldn't worry about loose skin. I have loose skin on my inner thighs -- oh well.
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Keep exercising and keep moisturising and you should be fine. As long as the weight doesn't come off too quickly then your skin should retain it's natural elasticity. I lost 32lbs the year before last and didn't have any excess skin problems, but it took me 7 months to reach that goal and I exercised a minimum of five times a week for at least thirty minutes.

Emma
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    okay :) thanks for the information :)