Hello from Georgia! First Day!

Options
This is my first day on the food journal. I am very skeptical about this because I love my wine in the evening. Then that leads to me snacking after dinner. Any ideas for me?

Replies

• hattonrw
    hattonrw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I am the same way, but I need beer and snacks. The ONLY advice I can think (and this site has helped me track) is to exercise during the day and know your limit for the evening based on remaining calories.
    The thing is, you need to set limits. If the calorie count says you can have 2 glasses of wine, set that limit and stick to it!
    On the weekends, if I am having friends over and I know I am going to be having a few drinks and snack and such... I'll make sure to get in LOTS of exercise time and try to break even.
    Take it as a challenge and have fun with it!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is the wonderful thing about this. You can have your wine and a few snacks if you desire, just plan for it. Know what it is going to cost you in calories and leave yourself that much room.

As suggested by the other poster you can also tell yourself...I can have that glass of wine if I exercise for the calories. Its a trade off and well worth working for. I am a firm believer in not depriving yourself of things you enjoy but learning how to have them in moderation. This past weekend I went to dinner with friends. We had steak, baked potatoes, wine and even cheesecake. I just did a little extra exercise that morning and did a little extra the next morning. Nothing major but enough to offset the calories that I had gone over.

This is a journey not a diet. Its a pathway to a new you. You are worth the effort it takes to find your own path and how to get there from here.

I will send you a friend request as it really helps to have people to cheer you on and to keep you motivated
  • windygamel
    windygamel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from GA too. First day as well. I am determined to drop 50 by the time I am 40 (that gives me 8 months)... would love to stay connected and help hold each other acountable.
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! I had not weighed myself for 3 months until yesterday. I was shocked. Reality has set in. You are right about planning your exercise and meals ahead.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I can't really think of anything that hasn't been said already... but I just wanted to wish you luck! I love wine too ;) haha
  • alissajnorris1
    alissajnorris1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with deladypilot. If I know I am going to be hitting the pool in the evening I know I can have higher calorie foods. Infact I need higher carb and higher calorie foods to keep me energized during practice!
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can have anything. If you add to that statement .. IN MODERATION. (and what everyone else has said) :happy: Good luck!