Good recipes using Chia seeds!

Options
2»

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine in my morning smoothie, but will add to my meals. Great post.
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    I found a recipe for protein cupcakes on this site, and decided to incorporate the chia seeds. Here is the recipe as originally posted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1/2 scoop cocoa protein powder (appx. 1.5 tbsp)
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. sugar or whatever sweetener you like
    1 egg white
    1 tbsp applesauce or pumpkin

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a coffee mug - mix in the egg white and pumpkin. Stir until the batter is thick.

Microwave for 1 minute, loosen cake with knife around edges, and flip mug over plate to gently release it.

Cut the cake in half and top it with your favorite spread! I had mine with peanut butter, but you could do cream cheese, yogurt, etc.

Each cake has approximately 90 calories, 6 grams of fat, and about 10 grams protein! (without topping)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is how I modified: I used 1 tsp of sugar, I used applesauce, and I added 1 Tbsp of chia gel. No need for any topping, they're so moist! I have one for breakfast every day.
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I was able to fix the Budwig cream and it is now really good!!

I first let the Chia seeds soak in some water in the mixing bowl for a few minutes so that they form a gel. I then add the other ingredients. Here is the recipe again.

Kousmine-Budwig breakfast recipe (choose organic ingredients)

- 4 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese (or yoghurt)
    - 1 small ripe banana (or 2 tsp honey) (I use a banana)
    - ½ lemon juice (I use 2 tbsp of concentrated lemon juice)
    - 2 tablespoons freshly ground flaxseeds or 6 almonds, 6 hazelnuts, or any other type of nuts, excluding peanuts
    (I will use the Chia seeds that I mix with some water to form a gel)
    - 2 tablespoons fresh whole-wheat rice, millet, buckwheat, oats (not oatmeal)
    - 1 portion of seasonal fresh fruit. (strawberries, raspberries, cherries, grapes, apple etc..)
    Grind the nuts, or flaxseed and the cereals. Crush the banana with a fork. Add all the ingredients to the cottage cheese and mix well.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, i bought seeds last week and was going to go surfing today for recipes. perfect timing. thanks again.