A cynical (now proven) ProPoints (ex) Weightwatcher

Options
Hello all. I'm a veteran WWer, having reached goal a long time ago and most recently gained weight back and finding myself over 15 stone. I had tried the new PP on Weightwatchers a couple of times and wasn't getting anywhere, so hence failed due to disheartedness. I bit the bullet on January 2, losing 4lbs the first week then nothing the second. I had been talking to some friends and had an MFP profile already but never really used it. So out of curiosity I tracked on both sites the third week and was shocked to see I was clocking up nearly 1700 calories a day with PP left over on WW - I'm a 43 yr old 5'6" female. I was cynical about the new PP anyhow, so decided to follow MFP on 1200 a day but have been averaging 1300 mainly. I do run (5k x 3 a week), although with the bad weather hadn't been out. But after 5 weeks in total now I am very happy to say that I've lost a total of 12lbs so I will happily stick my two fingers up at the extortionists that are WW and embrace my new friend MFP :happy:

Replies

• monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Way to go o the weight loss!!! I had done the old WW successfully as well - but didn't like their revamp (almost tried after my third child).....Keep at it!!!!
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I found the same and I have had much better success losing weight on here. I think the support is better too
  • amazinglywell
    Options
    My experience is exactly the opposite. I find with WW I don't get enough calories and I'm still hungry. I'm 5'7" 53 years old, and losing nicely on 1800-2000 a day (actual not net). I have not been doing long bike rides during this time which would entail me eating even more.
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm tracking my food on both MFP and WW. However, I'm using their old point system, not the PointsPlus. I never did like the new system. MFP is free so I'll be staying with that.
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    FR sent... I feel WW gives you some starting place but I felt there were gaps in what they give you. Finding it better here but then I'm doing research on my own etc and not just "following the program". Anyone else feel free to add me.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex Weightwatcher too. I don't think there is an incarnation that I haven't been a part of. For me Weightwatchers didn't fix what is broken, and they charged me for it. So I joined here, it is working for me. The community has been supportive. Hang in there. Weightwatchers is the answer for some, but not for others.
  • Dibbsa
    Dibbsa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - good to hear different experiences of WWs - we all, ultimately, have to do what is working for us and if we learn something, then that's great.