eating before bed?

Options
I hear some people saying they like drinking a protein shake or eating a snack right before bed. I thought this was bad for weight loss?

Replies

• Vaisaxena
    Vaisaxena Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I hear some people saying they like drinking a protein shake or eating a snack right before bed. I thought this was bad for weight loss?

It's not. Meal timing has no effect on fat loss. In fact, late night meals/carbs are actually beneficial to the preservation of lean mass during a diet.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat before bed, but I just don't like going to sleep with food on my stomach.
  • skyline2055
    skyline2055 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    so not eating before a certain time because you're about to go to bed is just a myth??
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    so not eating before a certain time because you're about to go to bed is just a myth??

Yup it's myth. Meal timing/frequency is irrelevant if calories are held constant. I usually save a chunk of calories to eat after dinner.

ETA: it's not a good idea for some people to eat right before bed because it can disrupt digestion. But assuming that's not an issue for you, snack away. :)