An almost embarrassing NSV

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
I've had a pair of jeans that I've never got into (even when I was the size on the label) and thought I'd try them on today.

I felt great as they went on perfectly and could do the buttons/zip up without any difficulty. At this point I felt great especially as they are a really nice pair and I've been living in jogging bottoms for the last two years because of my size.

However I forgot that jeans tend to relax a bit after they have been worn for a few hours and released how much when I went to do the nursery run. Typically the only day I'm running late I'm dashing up the street and realising that the jeans are about to fall down. ( and no time to run back and find a belt) Spent the whole way to nursery with my hand in my coat pocket holding up the jeans and wondering how I'll manage on the way back with a pushchair. Even though about trying to borrow some string from Nursery to keep them up on the way home.

Luckily Little one wanted to walk so meant I could stop every few second to pull them up and although the walk home took much longer made it home without flashing my underwear ( especially worried if she made a mad dash of it as I'd be there chasing her down the street with my jeans around my ankles).

Now off to dig out a belt.

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic NSV girly!!!
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Lol oh dear!
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    :laugh:
    Cool!
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This was amazingly funny to read.. Happy your pants are falling off you... it means you have progessed. Congrats :)
  • CrazycatBritta
    CrazycatBritta Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!! Congratulations!! :)
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hah! Great NSV story!! Congrats on "outgrowing" your favorite jeans :)
  • otterchica
    otterchica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Clearly you've been working your tush off! Congrats.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That's awesome (once you get a belt). :)
  • Terree_G
    Terree_G Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ha! That happened to me right after Christmas! Forgot a belt and was on a long trek back from family visit -- through subways, and hallways, and up escalators... hanging onto my waistband for dear life the whole way. Fortunately, I was wearing a winter coat. Still, it was a highly uncomfortable two hours in the public transit system.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I have had my pants slide down while pushing a grocery cart. Been there!!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    this is a good one. but fantastic feeling all in all.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I had to borrow my boyfriend's belt today because for the past week the jeans that used to be very tight on me are now quite loose and tend to fall down! =) Great NSV!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, great NSV!!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    burn the pants. they dont fit
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    burn the pants. they dont fit
    what she said :wink:
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    that is truly a nsv. i know youre loving it.
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That's great - better make sure you've got plenty of nice knix in case of future emergencies!! A belt is a far more sensible solution though.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Lol. My jeans that I was waiting to get into are now too big! The labels still on! Great feeling but disappointing at the same time! I actually had a skirt totally fall down on me walking back from work. Very embarrassing! A police van pulled over and they joked about saying they were going to do me for flashing! I wanted to die! They gave me some safety pins they happened to have! X
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing yes, but what a victory! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!