How can I exercise while helping my g-ma fight cancer?

Options
I just found out last week that my granmother who is my best friend has cancer. I am continuing to eat healthy, but I do not have the time to really exercise. She is my best friend and I dont want to leave her side. Please pray for me and please help

Replies

• jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not going to offend you, but I really don't even understand what you mean. Are you abdicating all other activities to stay by your grandmother? Someone else taking care of your child(ren)? Have you quit your job? Did you hire a maid to cook and clean?

If being healthy is a priority, then you need to make time for it. Yes, time with your grandmother is important. But the reality is that we outlive our grandparents. (My last one died about 5 years ago). You still have to take care of yourself. Just like you make time to take care of children, to take of household chores, to go to work - you make time to exercise.

Or, of course, you don't. You can decide exercising isn't important and choose not to make time. But don't fool yourself with the excuse of no time. It's your choice.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not going to offend you, but I really don't even understand what you mean. Are you abdicating all other activities to stay by your grandmother? Someone else taking care of your child(ren)? Have you quit your job? Did you hire a maid to cook and clean?

If being healthy is a priority, then you need to make time for it. Yes, time with your grandmother is important. But the reality is that we outlive our grandparents. (My last one died about 5 years ago). You still have to take care of yourself. Just like you make time to take care of children, to take of household chores, to go to work - you make time to exercise.

Or, of course, you don't. You can decide exercising isn't important and choose not to make time. But don't fool yourself with the excuse of no time. It's your choice.

spot on response.