need some input please

fitinyoga14
fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
First, i just want to thank all the helpful mfp-ers out there that have helped me through my weight loss and have given me valuable feedback to my posts.

i have been on mfp for a few months now and have lost 11 pounds. i feel very acomplished with this and am happy with my body weight. however, i seek answers for the many questions i now have.

1. my calorie allowance for right now is 1200. this is set to continue to loose weight. if i switch into maitnence mode, will i end up gaining weight? i only weigh 107 pounds, so i feel as though 1200 calories (before exercise) is the right amount for me to stay at. now that i've lost the weight, do i up my calories? i'm comfortable with my calorie intake right now, however i do not want to continue to lose weight as this would get to a point where its unhealthy.

2. i currently still have a goal to increase my muscle definition. (still no flat tummy). does that mean that i possibly still have more weight to lose? i work out and possess the muscle. it just isn't showing through.

3. i'm just not sure when enough is enough. what is the next step for me? should i be weening myself off this site forever? or do i continue to use it as i always do? i'm confused.

any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    :flowerforyou: I'm interested in seeing your answers... :flowerforyou:
  • There is no such thing as enough when it comes to this site because its not just about you! When you came to this site you had a need and now someone needs you! This site is about giving and receiving! In life and in relationships how many times have women complained about not receiving the same love they give out? This is all about love and loving one another! I never dreamed when I joined this site that I could even inspire as many people as I do every day. Losing weight is wonderful, but remember: The measure in life won't be what you accumulate, but what you give away! So you keep coming back because there is someone out there watching you and depending on your story to get them thru the day!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Congrats on finding a happy weight! highfive2.gif

Yes, you should move up to maintenance cals. The point of the 1200 was for you to lose weight, which you don't want to do. Plus you want to tone up, so you'll need to add in strength training which will require more cals. You may even want to add a little more protein to your numbers. So set your goal to maintain and try it out.

In toning, you may add a few pounds, but you'll look better. You should now be striving for a look, not a number on the scale. :-)

Good luck and congrats again!
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    You can't gain muscle without actually eating more, if my sources are correct. So basically I agree with mcl1014.
This discussion has been closed.