Kettlebell workout DVD and a Kickboxing workout DVD

Options
Newbie/beginner looking to mix-up a boring workout routine. Would like recommendations for a kettlebell workout DVD and a kickboxing workout DVD.

I workout at home, only have 3o min. a day to set aside so I'm limited for time. Currently using cardio DVD and would like a kettlebell and kickboxing to mix into the rotation. I've seen YouTube, books and other recommendations but the TV is out dated and I find a workout DVD works best for me.

Having a hard time finding ANY type of input, so ANY recommendations would be appreciated...THANKS in advance.

Replies

• sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lauren Brooks has a $2 app for Apple products that contains a few kettlebell workouts, it's pretty good. It has a warmup, a ~10 min fat burning workout, a ~20 minute foundations workout, a ~20 minute strength workout, and a ~10 minute ab/cooldown. They're all individual videos so you can order it however you want. It's definitely a good value for $2, especially considering her workouts are usually $40. You just have to download all of the videos because the streaming is dodgy. It also has video tutorials for all of the moves she uses. I just watch them on my iPod lol, I set it down on the table next to me and mostly just listen to it instead of watching.

As for kickboxing... I know Jillian Michaels has quite a few kickboxing videos out but I haven't tried them, I think most of them are around 20 minutes long though. Turbo Jam is also fun, there's one 20 min workout and then the rest are 40 mins I think.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarah!
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing--Les Mills Body Combat (head over to Beachbody.com). Those are awesome!