Weight lifting Intimidation?

2»

Replies

• bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    You better believe I felt that intimidation at first. ...but I asked an employee at the gym to show me form on the lifts I would be doing. After that, I just threw myself into it. It was hard at first. I was intimidated. Just keep doing it and you'll be amazed at how quickly the weightfloor becomes YOUR area. I promise you that the intimidation goes away so long as you keep at it consistently.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I used to go to a little rec center to lift. There was usually no one there so I was fine. Last night I went to new, busy gym to do 30 mins on treadmill followed by my upper body workout. I knew I needed to use the free weights but it was packed with guys with big muscles and I really wanted to chicken out. I was terribly intimidated. I just forced myself to go do it and it was fine. I saw a couple people glare and it was probably because I was the only lady using the free weights and all the others were using the machines on 10 or 20 lbs.

I can't wait to go back and do it again!
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    If you're on Facebook, you may want to "like" this new page called 'Chicks With Lifts.' It might be a good resource for you regarding information, and hopefully find friends/partners who are geographically close.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicks-with-Lifts/215671205111359