so its the middle of the night...

Options
you get up and wander to the fridge... and start chugging milk out of the carton, or eating some leftover or another, until you snap to it and realize what you're doing. my question is how to record that mess? does it go in as an overage for the day before, should it come out of the next days calorie intake? as much as i'd love to pretend I was dreaming, that's not gonna help any lol anybody else do this? any ideas on how to NOT do it anymore?

Replies

• jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    ;) Put duct tape over the door of the fridge at night. By the time you get it off, you'll be awake and realize what's going on. Or masking tape. Or painter's tape. Anything to remind you that you shouldn't be doing this. :P
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    2_zps4219f997.jpg
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ;) Put duct tape over the door of the fridge at night. By the time you get it off, you'll be awake and realize what's going on. Or masking tape. Or painter's tape. Anything to remind you that you shouldn't be doing this. :P

gonna hafta try that, maybe i'll chew that off instead of whatever's in there lol
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    2_zps4219f997.jpg

ROFL!! :D
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I used to do things like that in the afternoons. It was like I would "wake up" and find myself elbow deep in a bag of chips, munching away. As long as I told myself I had no control over it, it kept happening. The day I realized I WAS in control is the day things started to change. Now every once in awhile I'll catch myself opening a cabinet or the refrigerator, and my brain asks me "is it meal time? No? Get out of here!" And I get out of there.

Barriers might help, but I think what will help most of all is taking control.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Depends what time of day it is. I have a nasty habit of doin gthis too. If it's before midnight, I add it as an overage to the previous day. If it's early mroning (1 am or after), I eat a little bit less for breakfast and tack it on there.