New to MFP

Hello, I just started with MFP Friday. I have been on a weight loss journey since the fall and have lost 24 lbs since deciding to take better care of me. Overall I am down almost 40lbs from my heaviest weight of 5 years ago and am determined not to continue the damned yoyo thing. My current goal is to get back to 210 lbs (15 lbs to go) and see how I look and feel. At that point I will adjust my goal. I just turned 47 and would love nothing more than to be in the best shape of my life before I turn 48.

I have come to realize food is my biggest hurdle. Until Friday, I honestly never payed attention to calories, carbs, fat, etc. I just ate what I wanted when I wanted. So now that my bad eating habits are firmly entrenched, it will be a process of reprogramming the brain to make better choices more consistently.

I did the beach body thing a few years ago and realize its easier to stay committed to and follow through on food/exercise commitments whe you have a buddy or group to help hold you accountable. I am not looking to do beach body at this point, My GF is on the journey with me, and i would like to find other motivated people to talk with, encourage, be motivated by, struggle through the journey, and share successes with.

Replies

• CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    HI Sea,
    welcome back. glad to see you using MFP, it is a great tool. i just read your mssg and may i ask how come you are not using beach body anymore? i have been using their prgrams since last year and lost lots of weight.
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Welcome!
    Food was also my biggest hurdle as well, but after joining here and logging and of course loosing the happiness tasted better than any chocolate covered donuts! I still have bad days of course, but this site has changed my life. I hope it helps you as well!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Welcome! MFP is a must have tool for me.
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    I am actually doing insanity currently, and will follow that with p90x, I just don't to pay for the membership part. That's what I meant by not doing BB. I do believe in the BB products, and the whole community encouragement part. It is a powerful thing, just doesn't fit the budget.
  • Seachicken84
    I do find the meal tracker quite eye opening for sure. Having an understanding of what really is entering my mouth is important. And an eye opener for sure.

My last message should have said I don't want to pay for the membership part. My brain was moving faster than my fingers lol. :happy:
  • May I just say that you are rocking the Insanity! Keep it up... You amaze me every time I see you finish. And you look awesome!

Now lets get those meals planned!
  • Seachicken84
    May I just say that you are rocking the Insanity! Keep it up... You amaze me every time I see you finish. And you look awesome!

Now lets get those meals planned!

Thanks baby. You are awesome support for me! And I agree, let's plan those meals (more than a few hours ahead) ;-)