Chartwells.... barf.

Options
hey!! if anyone here has experienced the agony of eating Chartwells food from their Dining Hall in residence... please let me know how you survived!! This is also a forum to let out steam about chartwells. I HAVE to eat there, its manditory. Long story short, they force first year students in residence to by a meal plan ($1300) and you HAVE to use it all in 3 months. If you have any advice on low cal chartwells food... please enlighten me. thanks

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I was in college about 5 years ago or so.

I also was made to pay for a food plan, and Chartwells was the company that did our dining hall. We had Au Bon Pain (not sure how to spell it) soups, though so I had those a lot until I got food poisoning from one of them:sick: . Also, ate a LOT of salad! I mean A LOT! :laugh: Some of the other stuff was ok- their pasta and chicken tenders, but I rarely ate them because nutritionally they're terrible. Breakfast was my favorite though because they made a killer egg whites and cheese!!

Anyhow, I ended up cooking a lot of my stuff in my dorm in the microwave and using my my meal plan on salads, drinks (coffee, tea, milk, etc to go with whatever I was cooking in my dorm), candy:blushing: , cereals/oatmeal and occasionally, sandwiches. It wasn't an ideal situation, but I got through it- actually put up with it for 5 years because I was getting my Master's at the same time, and I'm sure you will to! As a side note, feel free to ask for the nutrition information- I did and they provided me with a very extensive list of nutrition facts for most of the foods served in the cafe. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou: