OH-EM-GEE! Gross.

Options
It's when I see photos like this of myself, posted on a friends facebook this afternoon, that make me want to work 5438438290 times harder. This is...awful.

2ymzsix.jpg

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. But girl, you look gorgeous now! Don't worry about the past... just work forward!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    You are in a great place to change that now! Don't be discouraged. One day you will be able to take an "After" picture and see how far you've come!
  • mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Options
    Yu look amazing NOW! Just think about how you'll feel later!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I know, I know! I've untagged myself for that reason.

But I'd also like to point out that you're the SMALLEST one in that photo. :wink:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    LOL - we ALL have photos like that... even super skinny people will have pics they hate and think they look "fat" in. I think you're at an awkward angle in the photo which is accentuating the body parts you don't like!

But hey - if seeing that motivates you - then that's a good thing.... right??!!!?? :wink:

(If it were me, I'd be thrilled at how tiny I looked next to those 3 big guys!)
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    You know what the worst part is? I'm my own worst enemy. If it were any other woman.. I'd think they looked awesome. I don't know how to untrain myself to be self deprecating. :(
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posts, you are the smallest person in the picture by a mile.:smile:
    I think the hardest thing for some women, myself included, is changing our perspective. It's amazing, like you I am losing weight and it feels good. The funny thing is I remember when I gained the weight and weighed what I do right now I felt heavy and overweight. I'm sure I'm the same size, but my perspective is completely different and I'm proud that I am making an effort. Any effort toward a healthier lifestyle makes me feel great! Try to remind yourself of all of the small and big things you're doing right. That helps me keep from putting myself in that "I suck, everybody else is gorgeous and thin" frame of mind.
    Be proud of all your changes and the healthy woman you are:flowerforyou: