Baking Potatoes

Options
How many calories are in a baking potato? I looked in the database and it seems like a lot. I don't know what the right entry is. I saw commercials for Idaho potatoes being 110 calories, these aren't Idaho, but isn't it pretty much the same. What size is 110 calories for too?

Thanks for any input.

Replies

• springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The data under 'Potatoes - Russet, flesh and skin, baked' looks pretty accurate. It depends on the size of the potato. Large = 290 all the way down to small = 134.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    A 6 ounce raw weight (5 ounce baked weight) potato has about 130 calories - that would be considered "small" in the database.
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    You could always put some water in a measuring jug, dump your potato in, and see how much is rises the water level by, then you know how many 'cups' of potato your potato is and you can work on that. A cup of potato is about 8oz.
  • christieb143102
    christieb143102 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bake a sweet potato! they're so good for you and taste great too. When I have extra calories i add a some yogurt butter and brown sugar. if i dont i do a dash of splenda with some cinnamon! delightful!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    bake a sweet potato! they're so good for you and taste great too. When I have extra calories i add a some yogurt butter and brown sugar. if i dont i do a dash of splenda with some cinnamon! delightful!

I love sweet potatoes. I just don't have any on hand right now. The potatoes I do have a huge; about 12 ounces on my scale. I don't think I will eat it. Oh well.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Why not eat half?