Final 25lbs.

Options
I'm feeling motivated and optimistic again after a rough week. I'm down 71lbs so far and just want some advice/opinions on the final stretch. Is it possible to lose the last 25lbs in 4-5 weeks? 1500 calorie limit, 30 Day Shred and 30mins of cycling/circuit training every day?? I'm a female, 27 years old, 5'6'' and have lost 71lbs over a period of 2 years.

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    So you essentially want to lose 5 pounds a week if we go with 5 weeks? I don't think that's realistic or healthy. Why do you want to rush it now? You've done really well so far.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am going on holiday to an island in Thailand so I want to feel comfortable when I'm on the beach and wear a bikini for the first time in my life. I don't know when I will have an opportunity like this again so I want to make the most of it. And then the following week I am going home after living abroad for a year so I would also like to look my best when I see my friends and family again.

Also I say 25lbs but if I love 15 and look much better than I do now that is also perfectly okay.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Probably not. The last bit of weight is the hardest to get off and when you try to force your body it revolts against you. Feel beautiful now, you've lost 71 pounds be proud of it. Whatever else you take off, you take off. There is no magic number where you will feel comfortable.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I totally get your reasons and understand them. It's not worth compromising your health in the process to achieve them though. Work your butt off until you go but be healthy about it and don't starve yourself. Accept whatever you lose and have a great vacation. To lose 15 pounds in 5 weeks still works out to 3Ibs a week which means you'll have to create a 10,500 calorie deficit a week which is not realistic in my opinion.