A bigger picture!

Options
Ok so I haven't devoted much time to exploring this site - I use it every day, but until recently was just tracking calories, fat, carbs, and protein - and I must say I have been doing pretty good! I never really even add my exercise or water intake. Today I figured out how to add the totals for sugar and fiber as well and OMG - I had no idea I was going over in sugar almost every single day!!!! No wonder why I have been struggling for the past few weeks! I'm not too worried about going over in fiber - because I know I try to eat a lot of whole grains - good fiber - and most research says that I need to get more fiber than MFP is allowing me, but I had no idea that the things I was eating were so full of sugar!!! Anyway now that I can see the bigger picture I am going to reassess what I have been eating and trying to cut back on the sugar to hopefully start making some more progress - definitely need to overhaul the snack department! Add me as a friend if you want to check out my food diary and give me some tips - I could use the help!

Replies

• sarahhnash
    Options
    I just had a look at mine, wow! Thanks for the tip:)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    hpruett, go into goals, change them by selecting custom and you can change how much fiber you are "allowed" to eat per day. :) you can also change carbs, protein, fiber, fat, sodium, whatever you want!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    hpruett, go into goals, change them by selecting custom and you can change how much fiber you are "allowed" to eat per day. :) you can also change carbs, protein, fiber, fat, sodium, whatever you want!

Thanks I adjusted my fiber and protein since I have found I need more protien than they allow also. Its nice not to see so many red numbers!