5'7" from 303 to 197 with pictures!

Options
I started this journey in March 2012, and I'm almost a year in. I am so happy about losing weight. So far I have lost 106 pounds in 11 months. I have done this by netting around 1500 calories, this has been for most of the last year. I work out about 6 times per week, doing a mix of cardio and strength training. I admit i could do more lifting. I also try to eat more protein than carbs.
I have always been overweight, and obese. I know if I hadn't started doing this I would have kept getting bigger and bigger. Last night, I was looking through facebook pictures and came across one from Halloween 2011, when I dressed as Sookie Stackhouse. My jaw dropped when I saw it. I never thought I was THAT FAT. After looking at it, my husband even said he didn't realize I was that big. I guess that's because he loves me for who I am :) My daughter, age 4, looked at it and said "Mommy you were so big!" I am embarrassed I let myself go like that. I should have known I am worth it. I won't share those on facebook, even though those pictures are still on there, I'm not going to do a comparison on there like this. I'm just too ashamed.

I have gone from a size 3X in shirts to XL, and 12 panties to 9 panties, size 26 pants to size 16/18 pants. I still have lots of flab I'm trying to get rid of, and I don't like the sagginess in my stomach and arms. I hope that with the last 50 pounds I want to lose that will go away.

Anyway, I want to share these with all of you for motivation. I want you to know that if I CAN DO THIS anyone can do this. My drug was Mountain Dew and Doritos. Now my drug is exercise. I am loving life more than I ever have, except maybe during my teen years :)

This is the picture from October 2011. I was around 300 then. I topped at 303 in March 2012.

046_zps9754b47d.jpg

This photo was taken last night after my workout. I weighed in this morning at 197.

be5e3787-0da5-440d-a645-4fc1b919bde8_zps897bdb1a.jpg

This is a face comparison.
I think this one is from May 2011 or so.

389121_2215390230033_1405918617_32021939_1151461265_n_zps245add78.jpg

This photo is just a few months ago.

lessfat_zpsc42f3f5f.jpg

Now here is to hoping I got the sizes right!

Replies

• Sonriendo
    Options
    :flowerforyou: U're such an INSPIRATION.... Congratulations on your success.....
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Can you see the photos? When I look at my post it says the pictures were moved or deleted. And they aren't!
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I can't see you're before pictures. But I know you are an inspiration, a success. I love being your MFP friend and sharing this awesome ride with you!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i cant.
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ok I fixed it.
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Photos are working now! Congrats!! You look awesome!
  • divafabulous33
    Options
    I can see your before picture from 2011. You look great and are an inspiration.:smile:
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look wonderful!
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing. i to started out at about 300 and i am 5'10". i hope i can post my pictures in 11 months time. truly inspiring to me.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. *standing ovation*
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    You are AWESOME! Great job :flowerforyou:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Looking good babes
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    Hot damn! You look amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!! Keep up the good work!!! I am in the same boat and I know how you feel!!! It feels O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :heart: :heart:
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What a Fabulously Awesome Success!!! You look absolutely amazing!! PLEASE don't be ashamed - you have accomplished so much and should be proud of how wonderful your dedication and drive is - you, my friend, are a rock star.
  • SWilcox818
    SWilcox818 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your success so far! You look great!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am very impressed! WTG!!!
  • Dianescraps
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing - your journey is inspiring!
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an amazing achievement! And you really do look stunning :D
    Congrats for the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!