What do YOU eat when you have a "FREE" meal!?

Options
robjenga
robjenga Posts: 175 Member
I've been very strict with what I have eaten over the past 5 weeks. Lost quite a bit of weight...I am planning a semi-"bad" day next week. Going out to dinner with a friend and I don't want to worry about calories and fat and carbs. What should I eat!? I'm not talking all out binge...cakes and cookies and what not. Just a dinner out where I get more than a salad...then right back to it the next day...

Replies

• Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If I am going to have a cheat meal it is a bowl (or burrito) from my favorite place Chipotle :happy:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Something meaty and cheesy. Followed by dessert!
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    On days that I get to have a free meal or cheat day I'll usually go to my favorite dive bar and get a bacon cheeseburger with no fries and a vodka diet coke. The place is called Wimpy's, so they know their burgers.

Really, it's up to you! Maybe get a Steak/chicken entree or something you've been craving? Usually you can peruse the menu's online (even if the restaurant isn't a chain).

From the looks of it you're doing a fantastic job staying strong and avoiding slip ups. Good luck next week!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    1.) Big fat juicy green chile, bacon cheese burger with buttered buns (charred on the grill) and a heaping helping of fries
    2.) Fish 'n Chips
    3.) Any thing from my favorite New Mexican restaurants, smothered in Hatch red or green chile sauce and oodles of cheese, frijoles, and papas...if it's chicken enchiladas, top it with a fried egg
    4.) Pizza
    5.) BBQ pulled pork, ribs, and sausage
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Always a poutine. Always.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Get whatever your favorite thing is on the menu. Get your favorite desert. Get an appetizer that overflows with sauces and creams.

you didn't get overweight be eating one huge meal with a friend. i promise you that you will not regain all your weight by eating one huge meal with a friend. go there, eat, laugh, enjoy. log it as 3000 quick cals. or don't log it all all. doesn't matter. one meal will not derail you.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Chic-friggin-Fil-A.

Spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and a sweet tea.

Mmmmmm.
  • cloudj9
    cloudj9 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    chicken alfredo pasta.. mmm
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Chic-friggin-Fil-A.

Spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and a sweet tea.

Mmmmmm.

YES!

Or a burger from Bobby Flay's Burger Palace.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i know you mean a meal where you are not overly concerned with calories, but nothing will make me eat more than free food - office lunches, weddings, whatever. if the food is free, i am eating a bunch of whatever it is. i have no idea why i do this. i'm not, generally, a frugal person - but if there is free pizza, i will eat what i can, and then see if there is any leftover to take home
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    probably just a big plate of fajitas and the fixings..rice, beans...o my gosh, so good! now i want some lol. I don't feel so guilty afterwards because earlier in the day I will choose to exercise harder or longer ;)
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Pizza!!!!! It is my weakness.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What do YOU eat when you have a "FREE" meal!?

Everything and anything on the plate!
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    JUICY burger! Or seafood buffet (omg, love the seafood buffets).
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Whatever is your favorite thing to eat.Enjoy yourself my kinda free day is my birthday its on sat but celebrating fridayFor me its not a birthday w/o cake or pie :)
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Free meal? In mother russia we have free drink!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    usually cereal. special k or fiber one.

sometimes i'll have belgian waffles with regular syrup and i can't believe it's not butter. i only have that like once a month though.
  • meganbook
    Options
    A big *kitten* burger with sweet potato fries and a beer. Absolutely delicious :-)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    2 slices of pizza followed by a kiddie ice cream in a sugar cone. About 1,000 calories of pure happiness.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti...pasta is my downfall