Oh, my aching coccyx!

Options
sillygoosie
sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
I have self diagnosed myself with Coccydynia. It's a fancy name for "geezus, my butt hurts!" It has been going on for a few months now and it's is getting progressively worse. I have already switched out my thongs for granny panties and I'm trying to sit up straight but it is just not getting better. I am terrified to get a cortisone shot in my *kitten*. Does anyone else have this issue? Did you find anything that helped? I am trying to avoid a doctor visit for this. I am in no mood for a rectal exam.

This is a serious question but let the jokes commence.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    So, would you say that you are butthurt?
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Take a long, hard look at what might have caused it, then put it all behind you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Get it checked. Is it worth being in pain all the time? If not, then there might be an injury that needs attention.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Oh..I had this ...When I was 12-13..I slipped in the shower..and fell right on my tail bone...OWWIE...it took me years to be able to sit on it..I learned how to sit on pillows when sitting on the floor.

You can always get those special pillows pregnant women..or those with hemorrhoids where there is a cut out..so your tail bone is floating in the air..not touching anything
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    LOL ... omg butthurt. I bet you just need a shot in your *kitten*.

omg. lol....

Seriously though, if you like, webMD'd it, and you think you have a 'thing' -- you should probably see a doctor!
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    I'm totally butthurt.

Nothing in particular caused this...except for a serious lack of booty, I guess.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHA!

Yeah, but go to the doctor. Don't mess with your *kitten*, hon. My girlfriend, all of 34 years old, was recently diagnosed with Rectal Cancer and is about to be loving on her colostomy bag b/c her *kitten* hurt.

Love your *kitten*.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHA!

Yeah, but go to the doctor. Don't mess with your *kitten*, hon. My girlfriend, all of 34 years old, was recently diagnosed with Rectal Cancer and is about to be loving on her colostomy bag b/c her *kitten* hurt.

Love your *kitten*.

I lover YOUR *kitten* :flowerforyou:
  • odusgolp
    Options
    BWAHAHA!

Love your *kitten*.

:blushing: It is pretty special. In fact... let's fix this picture for the occasion.
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    BWAHAHA!

Love your *kitten*.

:blushing: It is pretty special. In fact... let's fix this picture for the occasion.

Show off :grumble:
  • odusgolp
    Options
    *LOL* I like you already, goosie :)

Now go take care of your butt!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHA!

Love your *kitten*.

Well at least here compared to her food poisoning confession............which I thought was brilliantly written.

IDEA Fitness member
  • odusgolp
    Options
    BWAHAHA!

Love your *kitten*.

Well at least here compared to her food poisoning confession............which I thought was brilliantly written.

IDEA Fitness member

:blushing: Thank you :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have self diagnosed myself with Coccydynia. It's a fancy name for "geezus, my butt hurts!" It has been going on for a few months now and it's is getting progressively worse. I have already switched out my thongs for granny panties and I'm trying to sit up straight but it is just not getting better. I am terrified to get a cortisone shot in my *kitten*. Does anyone else have this issue? Did you find anything that helped? I am trying to avoid a doctor visit for this. I am in no mood for a rectal exam.

Did you just read the You're Not Special thread? :)

Okay, is it stretching that is needed or just rest? If it is bruised in some way you can ice things.
  • jianop
    jianop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was playing kickball on wet grass, slid into home plate and bruised my coccyx. Not much you can do for it. But get it checked out and see if it is fractured. Then get a donut pillow to sit on. That really helps. Good luck!
  • sillygoosie
    Options

Did you just read the You're Not Special thread? :)

Okay, is it stretching that is needed or just rest? If it is bruised in some way you can ice things.

I don't need to read that thread. I know I'm a special snowflake.

I'm not sure how to rest a tailbone. I can assure you that it isn't getting any extra activity, if ya know what I mean. :wink:

I guess I'll suck it up and go to the doctor. She'll probably just prescribe a donut pillow and some advil. Getting older is sooo sexy.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Me! Persistent pain in my *kitten* and hips for months. 2 Bulge disc. I am gladly taking a cortisone shot Monday.

GO TO THE DOCTOR! persistent pain that's worsening.... Duh!! :)