When I said my husband didn't 'get it'..

TalonaCat
TalonaCat Posts: 241
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
..I wasn't kidding. Today he brought home a bottle of rum, he said so that tomorrow we could 'celebrate' my road to better health.

How do I tell him that drinking is only going to put me behind my goals without hurting his feelings? :(

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    LOL, aww, I'm sorry, that's kinda cute though =p

I'm not sure what to tell him though, sorry =S
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You realize and tell him that everything is okay in moderation and you work your calories around so you can have a shot or a drink. :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    A bottle of alcohol to celebrate "good health"?
    Sorry, but that gave me a chuckle. How ironic......

You're absolutely right, he doesn't get it.
  • TalonaCat
    A bottle of alcohol to celebrate "good health"?
    Sorry, but that gave me a chuckle. How ironic......

You're absolutely right, he doesn't get it.

Exactly. You should have seen the look on my face when he pulled out the bottle and smiled at me. I think it was somewhere between Incredulity and WTF....
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Well..It could double as a Exercise & a Snack:

:heart: Lotion
    :heart: Licking it off

:love: :laugh:
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Geez, he coulda atleast bought home some whiskey. I also say eat little and take a shot :D or you could get some light beer and say "u drink that and ill toast you *cheers* for good health!" Maybe I'm not helping...
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    You realize and tell him that everything is okay in moderation and you work your calories around so you can have a shot or a drink. :)

^^ This is what I'd do. I like this girl's thinking. :wink:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member

^^ This is what I'd do. I like this girl's thinking. :wink:

Thank you. :flowerforyou: I'm turning 21 in 2 1/2 weeks and I fully intend on working my *kitten* off the morning of so I can have my alcohol :) And I already know which low-cal drinks I want to try!!
  • TalonaCat
    That means.. no snacking for me tomorrow. Hah! I think it will break his heart if I turn my nose up at him. But... I am only going to allow myself one small drink. -_- Sigh... I love him to death, but right now I want to throttle him.
  • _Bunnytown
    _Bunnytown Posts: 110 Member
    i agree with taking it. endulge yourself and his kindness. he sounds like too much of a nice guy to turn down. party on with the hubby<3
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    This one gave me a chuckle! I totally understand where you are coming from! I go thru the same thing all the time. He just doesn't get it!
This discussion has been closed.