Trying to quit smoking while losing weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It is difficult to change 2 things in your lifestyle at once. I stopped smoking just over 3 years ago after smoking everyday for 37 years. My weight went up but I was able to increase my exercise as a result. Stopping was the best thing I have done for my health.
  • lottiej1980
    lottiej1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started with the weight loss first using MFP, and i lost nearly two stone. Then i gave up smoking and allowed myself to go back up in weight while getting through the first few months..... Then i concentrated on maintaining the weight i was at rather then pressuring myself into losing weight when i was already trying to change my lifestyle massively by becoming a non smoker after 19 years.

Once i felt comfortable with not smoking, I'm back trying to lose weight again. And i feel amazing for it and not just physically. Mentally i have proved that i can set goals for myself, and i can acheive them. And i am very proud of myself. ;-)
  • MariaBuchan
    Options
    I stopped smoking 10 years ago using Allan Carr's book Easyway to Stop Smoking. No side effects, no pills, no need for willpower, it was easy and enjoyable. Worth a try! See more here: http://www.theeasywaytostopsmoking.com/

I used Allen Carrs Easy way method book! Sounds mad, but it does actually work!